The Keiai Visit

Hi, it’s hmsjenny here, today I am going to talk about my keiai visit. It was really fun, my pen pals had such a fun time in Hawaii. I had two pen pals, but there wasn’t enough room because my sister, Leilani, is also hosting.

My pen pals names were Anon and Yuuna. One was in 8th grade and the other was in 9th grade. They were really nice. On the first day of their visit, had many activities planned for them. First, we had a show for them in the Social Hall, then we showed them a Taiko Performance that some of the Hongwanji Mission School kids did. They messed up a few times and the keiai loved it. Then, we all went to the green space to take a picture with everyone. We had rotation groups, I was in group Orange. We had so much fun, I think my group got the most fun activities. Then, at the end of the day, we took our pen pals home. We let them play with our dogs, they really enjoyed it. Later in the night, we took them to Big City Diner. they both ate their burgers whole.

On the second day, the whole middle school took them to Sealife Park. We had a really fun time. We saw turtles, dolphins, sharks, and more. We went into the birdcage, except for my pen pals because they didn’t want to go in. I got two birds. I was really scared if they pooped on me. Later on, we took a snack break. I got some Dip’n Dots Rainbow Flavored. Those were really good. After school, we took our pen pals to Ala Moana Mall along with Jojo and her pen pals. Mari came along too. We had a lot of fun, except for that one time were Jojo and Mari decided to play a prank on us. After that, we went home and took our pen pals to New Eagle Cafe, I’ve never been there before so it was a new experience for me as well. Our pen pals ordered the same thing, they didn’t really eat all, but that was okay. That was the last night they were staying at our house. It was really sad so we tried to make the best of it.

Wednesday came and that was the day they had to go. We all went to the Social Hall and just stayed there until our keiai’s bus arrived. While we were there, the teachers bought some bread to share with all the students. All the bread was gone when everyone took it. While we were eating, Mrs. Young played a slideshow of the past two days. It was funny and sad. Then, she showed some pictures which were kind of the same as the slideshow. Then, it was time. Our pen pals had to go because the bus was here. Some people cried just saying bye to them. Shayann cried a lot. Then, after the pen pals left, we played Twister. It was really fun. We also did the 2nd-trimester awards. Leilani, Shayann, Kailey, Mari and I all got honor roll.

Well that’s all for today, bye

hmsjenny